Our warranty protects you against damage as a result of manufacturing defects and is non-transferable from the original owner. Validity begins for 1 year from the date of delivery of the item. For self-installation of all furniture including highchairs, our warranty does not cover damage due to improper installation and/or improper handling of parts, such as broken dowels, cracked panels smaller than 6cm, stuck screws, stripped screw holes and more. Replacement parts may be available for a fee.
Please kindly note that the following points do not constitute a defect:
- Untreated natural wood around areas where wood panels join
- Discolouration and/or minor peeling of paint of less than 6cm diameter
- Paint chips and peels of less than 6cm length
- Minor dents of less than 3cm diameter and less than 3 dents per furniture part
- Scratches of less than 6cm length
- Minor alignment issues such as minor crooked logo, print and more
- Indentations on the cribs which are part of the production of wood furniture do not constitute a defect
Manufacturing defects are defined as cracks, discolouration, scratches, chips that are larger than 6cm and severe alignment issues, which clearly affect the structural integrity of the furniture. Hatchery Cribs shall endeavour to continuously provide warranty for structural integrity issues for the period of 1 year from the date of delivery and/or assembly.
Within 7 days from assembly and/or delivery, the customer must raise any defect claim to the Hatchery Cribs customer support team via submitting a support ticket for remedy and rectification. Otherwise, the products shall be deemed well received, in the correct quantities and parts, and in good condition. After 7 days, any and all aesthetic blemishes shall be regarded as wear and tear usage and shall not be covered under warranty. All defect claims must be supported with images and a clear description of the issue. Hatchery Cribs reserves the right to decide which cases are valid claims. Valid claims will be eligible for touch up of the defective piece at no cost.
After 7 days from delivery/assembly, the following points shall be considered as aesthetic blemishes due to wear and tear/prolonged usage and will not be covered under warranty:
- Any water damage, dents and any paint peeling after assembly and delivery
- Any water damage, dents, and paint peeling due to prolonged/improper usage and/or care
- Denting and warping in the crib/cot mattress base due to improper usage or handling
- Any other wear and tear that may lead to the aforementioned outcomes
- Any fabric pilling after assembly and delivery
As the furniture is made of natural wood, there will be reasonable nonuniformity as each piece of wood as each wood grain is unique. Our furniture has gone through thorough testing, GreenGuard Gold certification and quality control - the wood discoloration and chips do not affect the structural integrity of the natural NZ pine wood. It is expected that non-toxic paint may peel off over prolonged use. It must also be noted that it is the customer’s responsibility to prevent scratches on certain floor types (such as and not limited to parquet and cement screed). Once a purchase is made, the customer acknowledges it is the customer’s responsibility to prevent scratches before, during, and after purchase, and discharges Hatchery Cribs from any and all liabilities, of scratches/dents/marks on floorings caused by the furniture.
More on High Chairs
For high chair manufacturing defects reported after 7 days of receiving the item, any exchanges/repairs (if valid) will be done at our Showroom Service Centre.
This warranty does not cover or apply to:
- Naturally occurring black marks on the wood and eye of the wood (These are natural colours and occurrences on natural wood)
- Damage that is the result of improper storage, installation (stripped screw holes, broken dowels), negligent misuse, or products that have been altered by the owner in any way not intended by the manufacturer
- Damage caused by wear and tear, including, but not limited to, peeling paint, clear water stains/damage from improper cleaning, teething marks, chips, dents, fabric pilling, discolouration of the furniture
- Items bought as used or secondhand products, including items that served as showroom pieces
- Items that have been altered by an unauthorised 3rd party repair person
Mattresses, Changing Pads & Bedding
Our warranty protects you against damage that is the result of a manufacturing defect and is non-transferable from the original owner. Validity begins for 1 year from the date of delivery of the item.
This warranty does not cover or apply to:
- Normal wear and tear, normal everyday soiling, or commercial use
- Stains, and damage caused by improper care, improper washing detergents, non-food related grease, inks, cosmetics, bleach, alcohol, dyes, solvents, corrosives
- Intentional or accidental damage resulting from the misuse of the product - such as cutting into the material when opening the outer carton
- Mattresses that do not have the manufacturer's original law tag